Would you agree that poor nutrition leads to poor immunity?
If so, keep reading…
Well, in a separate piece I wrote about How To Unlocking Your Natural Immune Power.
… And Nutrition, was the first secret mentioned as a means to unlocking your body’s natural immune power.
In this article, I’ll be giving an in-depth look at what KIND of nutrients are critical for boosting your immune power the natural way…
In fact, there are 7 essential vitamins & minerals to optimizing your natural immune power that provide the essentials to supporting, nurturing, & building your body’s strengthen.
Such essentials can be found in certain foods & even in certain dietary supplements we eat. For example:
Selenium. A potent antioxidant, that plays a key role in protecting your natural immune power against free radical damage.
– Some food sources that contain this mineral are whole grains, nuts, seeds, broccoli, & fish.
Vitamin A. Known as the anti-infective vitamin, as it enhances germ-fighting cell activity, which attack & destroy infected cells.
– Food sources include dark green leafy vegetables, bell peppers, butternut squash, cabbage, cantaloupe, carrots, & sweet potatoes.
Vitamin B. Also supports germ-fighting cell activity & can be found in foods such as fish, poultry, lean meats, whole grains, leafy greens, bananas, prunes, peanuts, walnuts, & chickpeas.
Vitamin C. Another antioxidant that protects immune cells from free radical damage & is vital to producing white blood cells.
– Everyday food sources include oranges, grape fruit, bell peppers, broccoli, cantaloupe, kiwi, rutabagas, strawberries, sweet potatoes, & tomatoes.
Vitamin D. Maintains strong bones & prevents osteoporosis to help thymus glands generate sufficient immune strengthen.
– Top food choices are organic eggs, butter, & milk (even almond milk).
Vitamin E. An antioxidant that sacrifices its own electrons to cell damaging free radicals to neutralize them while raising levels of interferon & interleukin produced by natural immune power to fight infections.
– Food sources are wheat germ, molasses, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and yes- almond milk too.
Zinc. Plays a critical role in maintaining natural immune power with its ability to lessen severity & duration of colds.
– Such power is found in fish, shellfish, skinless poultry, lean cuts of lamb and beef.
Did you know that the USDA recommends we eat 7-13 servings of fruits & vegetables a day to stay healthy?
Is anyone doing that?
Now, between balancing family, work, & a host of other distractions of 21st century life… How can anyone?
Nutritional supplements containing any of the essential minerals & vitamins mentioned above that are derived from organically ground whole plants can support, nurture, & build your body’s natural immune power.
In doing so, will help your body to correct some immune deficiencies.